Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Termites

~11 months ago, I wrote about our house having termites and it would cost about $1500 to fumigate.
Well, we never got around to it and I figured that, if I just didn't think about it, maybe they would go away!  (oh, the solution to all my problems...)

It appears that I cannot continue pushing the termites to the back of my head because this afternoon, when I stepped into my bathroom, what did I see in my bathtub?

TERMITES!
'

We are getting our house (the wood) treated for termites this Friday.  I am having the guy that sprayed our house for ants and spiders last week (and 3 years ago) to come take care of our termites too.  Fumigation would have costed $1500-$1800 with this guy, but he said he can simply come treat our wood, which is easier and takes less time, and only costs $550! 
I think how it works is, once the wood is treated, when termites eat it, they will die. 

Let's hope this is the last time I have to think about termites for the next few years.

3 comments:

  1. It is difficult to shell out money to get rid of pests, especially the pesky ones like termites. I would advise you to deal with that termite infestation immediately to keep the pests from damaging the wood in your house further. But if you can see that the wood is damaged beyond repair, I would suggest replacement instead of repair. But before anything else, make sure to clean the area where the termites have settled. Then, conduct regular termite inspections.

    -Lucile Lynch

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems that the termite infestation in your house is too big. In this case, you might need a professional help. Although it might cost you a little, this will guarantee that you'll get rid of this pests permanently. I hope by now, you are done with the termite problems. I suggest you take preventive actions to avoid another termite invasion.
    >>Ronnel@Bugs.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's truly something we wouldn't want to wake up to in the morning. Striking at bathtubs like that. The best anyone can do there is to keep on guard and prepare, since those things have a tendency of persisting and rearing their ugly little heads again. Good luck with that. I hope you've already found a solution.

    Alta Peng @ Liberty Pest Management

    ReplyDelete