Both Jeff and I got lasik!
I got lasik last Saturday (Feb 19) and Jeff got his yesterday.
My vision is now 20/15 and Jeff's eyes are expected to be the same.
My original vision was 20/400 (holy shit!) with a prescription of -2.50. Jeff's original vision 20/400 (they stop counting after 400), with a prescription of ~9.00)
How the procedure works is:
- The doctor puts numbing drops in your eyes, and hands you teddy bear to hold. Apparently I undressed him during the procedure without realizing it.
- You are put under the lasik machine, with lots of gauze put on the sides of your face to catch liquids.
- Your eye lashes are taped down, and a tool is put on your eye to hold the eyeball in place (this was my LEAST favorite part). Lots of liquid is put in the eye to keep your eyes lubricated.
- A tool I call the "can opener" is used to cut the cornea flap, and the flap is moved aside exposing your eye ball.
- Laser laser laser! 15 seconds for each eye for me. 45 seconds for each eye for Jeff.
- Cornea flap is put back in place
- TA DAA!! All done!
You are in and out of there in 20 minutes.
I was able to see 20/40 right away, and was able to see 20/20 after 3 hours.
Today, we took the guineas for their 2nd mani/pedi (hehe). Their nails were long overdue.
We also picked up a HUGE bag of timothy while we were there:
see how big the hay bag is, relative to the size of the guinea pigs? Yes, the guineas can eat that amount in ~1 week (hehe).
there IS a reason why they are called "pigs"
Here is Marbles getting her nails cut:
And here is Marbles fighting so much, that back-up had to be called.
I was so embarrassed...
While Ruby was getting her nails cut, one of the Cavy Haven volunteers recognized Ruby (Ruby is famous!!) and informed us that Ruby's brother (Cookie) was also there!
Ruby and Cookie were reunited.