Thursday, March 10, 2011

One week down...

We are 1 week into our kitchen remodel project, and it just flew right by. It is expected to take the entire month of March, so... 3 more weeks to go?

When I told people that our kitchen is getting remodeled, typically, the first reaction was "what are you going to do?? You love to cook!".

Tee hee hee.
Well, I have a trick up my sleeve.
Yes, I do love to cook, and yes, I won't have a kitchen to cook in. But that does *not* mean cooking comes to a complete halt!

Currently, we actually have more meals cooked and more meals planned ahead, than I can foresee us eating!
We moved our entire kitchen set up to our Recreation Room (I guess the ping pong table will be out of commission this month), so I am still able to prepare my daily meals as usual.

For cooking, we are mainly using our gas grill and slow cooker for the bulk of our meals.
This last Sunday, we grilled up enough chicken drumsticks and burger patties to last us several days. We have been enjoying plenty of fruits and salads on top of that.

In the slow cooker, I plan on making lots of dishes such as: curry chicken, creamy chicken stew, braised pork, scalloped potatoes...

(Actually, now that I think about it, even when I still had the kitchen intact, I still used the slow cooker as my main form of cooking just because it is such a time saver. Who has time to cook a meal when you get home from work so late?!)


We also got some back-up freezer food, such as microwavable frozen meals from Trader Joes -- these are delicious, but on top of the grilled and slow cooker meals, I don't know when we will get to these!

By the way....
I think the hardest thing about the kitchen remodel is *not* the cooking, but actually the cleaning. It is so hard doing the dishes in the bathroom... Not only is the sink small, but you don't want food bits going down the drain!


Now onto the teasers...
Before the demolition...


After the demolition!



The "temporary kitchen"

"Storage".
We didn't pack away a lot of items since we still use them for cooking and eating.

1 comment:

  1. that's so awesome you're redoing your kitchen! i'm sure it's going to be so nice when it's all done. you're so good to keep cooking even in the rec room. i think i would be too lazy and just order in or eat out the whole time, hehe. jeff is so lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete